Nyepi 2020 - Silence in Seminyak
On 25 March 2020, the Balinese Hindus are celebrating the new year of the Saka calendar with a day of silence. For a whole 24 hours, the island will come to a standstill where no activities are allowed to take place. This compulsory religious prohibition will restrict many of the island's daily activities starting from 6 AM on 25 March 2020, to 6 AM on 26 March 2020.
Please note that the hotel's facilities and services are running as usual, with the following restrictions during the Nyepi Day:
- Guests will not be able to check-in or check-out
- All the shops closed on Nyepi Day
- SugarSand closed for operation for 24 hours starting from 5 AM on 25 March 2020
- Guests are required to stay within the resort grounds
- TV service blocked for 24 hours. However, the resort's WiFi internet service will still be available
- When listening to music or watching TV in your rooms, please keep the sound at the lowest possible level
- The resort will have to minimize the use of lights on the night of 25 March 2020. Guests expected to reduce the usage of lights in rooms, and lights along hallways and corridors will be off
- All streets around the island are closed
- Ngurah Rai International Airport will close its operations for 24 hours starting from 5 AM on 25 March 2020. There will be no arrival nor departure flights on the island. All airlines servicing Bali are aware of the airport closure
- Emergency services will still be operational during the Nyepi observances.
We invite our hotel guests to join in the following activities, which are offered throughout the day of silence: